With the crime numbers in for 2018, if you rank each state from highest amount of crimes to lowest amount, Minnesota came in 36th highest and Iowa was 17th highest. While they are not in the top 10, it can still can be a cause for alarm.
- Minnesota's burglary rate in 2018 was 336.9 per 100,000 people, up just slightly from 2017
- The overall property crime rate was 2,192 per 100,000 people, which was 7.2% below the national average.
- There were almost 20,000 burglaries in 2018. That's a LOT of burglaries!
IowaUnfortunately, the crime rate in Iowa was even worse than in Minnesota.
- The burglary rate was 479.3 crimes per 100,000 people, which is 11.4% above the national average.
- The overall property crime rate was very similar to Minnesota with 2,125 crimes per 100,000 people (10% below the national average).
- There were over 15,000 burglaries in Iowa in 2018.
So what does this mean for you? And what can you do about it? A monitored security system can help protect your valuables when you're not home and protect your family when you are home. Here are 4 reasons you should get a security system with monitoring.
For more information about how you can benefit from a smart home security system, schedule a free security analysis today!